Cyber Risk is a growing issue
Virtually every business relies on data and computer systems. When these systems experience a virus or other computer attack, a business is at risk of losing critical information. This information is frequently essential to daily operations, and computer attacks can expose a business to third-party liability.
Computer viruses are a growing problem, and a cyber attack can significantly impact a business’ bottom line. System and data recovery can result in lost income, and can tally thousands in recovery costs. What’s more, liability from insufficient systems security can lead to expensive litigation.
CyberOne™ coverage meets this growing need
CyberOne™ insurance helps pay for the costs associated with restoring computer software and recovering data. And, this coverage also protects against third-party liabilities a business might have as a result of a failure of system security.
Highlights of CyberOne™ coverage, terms and conditions
FIRST-PARTY COVERAGE: $50,000 default limit; other limit options available.
First-party coverage is triggered by a “computer attack.”
- An unauthorized person gaining access to the insured’s computer system.
- A malware attack.
- A denial of service attack.
In the event of a computer attack, CyberOne™ pays for:
- Data Restoration from electronic sources and Systems Restoration: $50,000 default limit; other limit options available.
- Data Recreation from non-electronic sources: optional, $5,000 sublimit.
- Business Income: optional, $10,000 sublimit.
- Public Relations: optional, $5,000 sublimit.
THIRD-PARTY COVERAGE: $50,000 default limit; other limit options available.
Third-party coverage is triggered by a “network security liability suit”—a civil proceeding, an alternative dispute resolution proceeding or a written demand for money alleging that a negligent failure of the insured’s computer security allowed one of the following to occur:
- A breach of third-party business data (optional).
- An unintended propagation of malware.
- A denial of service attack in which the insured unintentionally participated.
In the event of a network security liability suit, CyberOne™ covers costs of defense, settlement and judgment. Defense is provided within the coverage limits.
The third-party coverage can be offered separately from the first-party coverage.
Risk Management Tools
CyberOne™ coverage includes access to an online resource for training, best practices and other risk management tools for cyber exposures.
Don’t let cyber liability jeopardize your business. Ask your agent about adding our new CyberOneTM coverage to your business insurance policy.