Summary of Duties
This role will be a key member of MBG’s Accounting/Finance team, working closely with other team members throughout the organization. The Accounting/Finance team is committed to assisting in the implementation of an enterprise-wide integrated web-based suite of products providing improved processes, enhanced automation and increased flexibility to all areas of the organization. The Accounting/Finance team is responsible for collaborating with others to design, test and implement a transformative billing system. The Accountant position is vital to successfully achieving the strategic objectives of the Accounting/Finance area as well as supporting strategic objectives of others. The position also prepares, ensures accuracy of, and files assigned portions of financial statements and reports. Other specific duties include ensuring all billing related transactions are properly reflected in the financial statements.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating and collaborating with other internal departments and outside vendors
- Provide input on process improvements; implement changes to provide more efficient processes and ensure procedures are well documented while maintaining a high-level of internal controls
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, year-end, and annual financial statements which includes compiling data, identifying and analyzing variances, preparing journal entries, producing financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Interpret, analyze, and report relevant financial information to decision makers both verbally and written
- Ensure the accuracy of various Billing system related responsibilities including, daily verification of Billing system transactions, perform weekly and monthly closing and balancing procedures
- Lead, coordinate, and track the collection of the Uncollectible premium balances.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Accounting.
Experience/Certification: Minimum of two years of Accounting experience, financial statement preparation preferred. Insurance accounting knowledge and experience is not required but preferred.
CPA certification is preferred
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Constant attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work within established due dates
- Ability to work independently and with a team with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Committed to personal development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, such as Microsoft Excel, including the ability to develop and automate processes
Full benefits package, including health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment. Please visit our Web site to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, and 2018
This is a full-time position.
Posted on September 17, 2021.