Director of Project Management Office (PMO)
Summary of Duties
This role will be responsible for establishing and running the Project Management Office with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a ‘best-practice’ Project Delivery Approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
This role will be three-fold, firstly overseeing the portfolio of organizational projects, providing expert knowledge and support and monitoring progress and reporting on the portfolio status. Secondly, managing projects/programs directly. Finally, the development, introduction and on-going iteration of the organization’s Project Delivery Approach.
The incumbent is expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programs to ensure successful delivery. This role will also ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully. Strong project or program management and excellent organizational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organization.
Core Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Business Services teams (as well as internal and external project partners where appropriate) to devise, develop, and deliver appropriate and proportionate systems to evaluate key activities at a project level
- Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables Sponsors and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions
- Deliver an effective and timely schedule of project communications liaising with the relevant Sponsors and stakeholders including the Communications Team
- Ensure standardized and relevant document templates are available from a central repository for both the PMO and business project team members
- Liaise closely with Business Services teams to ensure accurate and robust budget monitoring against project plans
- Performs other related management and administrative duties as directed; and other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; and should possess a recognized formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30) or equivalent
Experience: Significant experience at a senior level in a PMO Function
- Experience in embedding the use of RAID logs as part of the day to day project activities
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching the PMO and business project teams to effectively implement the Project Delivery Approach
- Cross functional relationship building is paramount; the role must be able to successfully work with and influence individuals not directly under their control
- Advanced IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and MS Project or other project tools
- Experience of being a Business Partner and managing those relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal skills
Full benefits package, including PPO health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, and 2018
This is a full-time position.
Posted on March 7, 2019.