About the Role:
This role will be a key part of our Insurance Analytics team. The Product Analyst position supports the management of property & casualty insurance products with shared responsibilities for growth and profitability. This includes analysis of internal data, competitors, and regulatory statutes to create recommendations and proposals for product development, pricing, and to write business requirements. This position maintains product manuals, and monitors circulars released by rating advisory organizations and competitor filings.
Core Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic discussions across all product lines of business – Automobile (Personal & Commercial), Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Business Owners(BOP), Artisan Contractors, Workers Compensation, and Umbrella
- Assists in the product management functions for assigned states and lines of business.
- Creates, maintains, and enhances product rate & rule manuals and coverage forms.
- Monitors competitor & rating advisory organization actions that impact our insurance operations.
- Reviews product offerings to ensure compliance with existing rules, regulations, and filings.
- Coordinates filing submissions and responses to insurance department inquiries.
- Analyzes reports and provides actionable insights to improve results
About the Team:
The Insurance Analytics team was formed in 2016 with the foundational goal of creating a data-driven decision-making process that will lead to more competitive offerings and improved product performance. The team is responsible for the product management, actuarial pricing and compliance functions for the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree. Professional level of knowledge in a specialized field as demonstrated by industry designations such as AINS, or progress towards CPCU, is desired but not required.
Experience: Minimum of two(2) years supporting product management/development or related experience.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic technical aptitude and experience in analytical tools such as Tableau or related.
- Programming background in SQL, VBA or related, a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of market and regulatory research tools, including circulars issued by rating bureaus.
- Comprehensive understanding of various functions of an insurance company, such as underwriting, rating, pricing, and claims.
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with a get-it-done attitude.
- Constant attention to detail; creative thinking; working under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to handle assignments in various states of completion at the same time.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to work as a team player to deliver results effectively and efficiently to a variety of customers.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
Full benefits package, including health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment. Please visit our website to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2018
This is a full-time position.
Posted on September 9, 2020.