Strategic Data Insight Analyst
About the Role:
This role will be a key part of our recently created Insurance Analytics team. The position is responsible for driving improved visibility of analytics by creating and enhancing reports, developing key performance indicators, and building tools to assist in data consumption and analysis. This includes designing, executing, and continuously improving processes to enhance the value of internal and external data by developing a comprehensive data warehouse and serves as a data steward for the organization. The successful candidate will help turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Core Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, implement, and evaluate the success of data and reporting projects with limited supervision
- Designs, executes, and continuously improves processes to enhance the value of internal and external data
- Drives the development of a comprehensive data warehouse to support the data and reporting needs for the organization
- Partners with management to develop key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Creates improved visibility of analytics through report and tool development
About the Team:
The Insurance Analytics team was formed in 2016 with the foundational goal of creating a data-driven decision making process that will lead to more competitive offerings and improved product performance. The team is responsible for the product management, actuarial pricing and compliance functions for the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics, or related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in data manipulation, analysis, and report design. Insurance knowledge and experience preferred.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, such as Microsoft Excel, including the ability to develop and automate processes
- Strong programming skills, including SQL and VBA with experience in C++, R, Python, or related a plus
- Proven technical aptitude and experience with analytical tools such as Tableau, R Studio, or related a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build, update, and prepare datasets for analysis
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills with proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- Self-motivated with a “get it done” attitude
- Committed to personal development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies
- Constant attention to detail
- Capability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines in various states of completion
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team to deliver results effectively and efficiently to a variety of customers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and obstacles and determine options for the course of action
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including written and verbal
Full benefits package, including health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment. Please visit our website to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, and 2018
This is a full-time position.
Posted on October 9, 2019.