Tactical Pricing and Product Manager
About the Role
This role will be critical part of our Insurance Analytics team. The position will oversee a team responsible for driving pricing adequacy and ensuring product compliance in our insurance business. This includes designing, executing, and continuously improving processes to monitor, analyze and enhance our product offerings to achieve desired profit and growth goals. The team will improve visibility of analytics by developing key performance indicators and building tools to assist in data consumption and analysis. The successful candidate will lead the transformation of information into actionable insights.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces profitability assessments of each state and core lines of business at desired intervals.
- Creates analyses of rate adequacy at aggregate and granular levels within the products.
- Develops, manages, and executes a schedule to review product offerings.
- Ensures that product offerings comply with the existing rules, regulations, and company filings.
- Improves visibility of analytics through tool development and definition of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Selects, develops, and manages an analytical staff
About the Team
The Insurance Analytics team was formed in 2016 with the foundational goal of creating a data-driven decision making process that will lead to more competitive offerings and improved product performance. The team is responsible for the product management, actuarial pricing and compliance functions for the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Statistics, or related discipline and an actuarial designation of ACAS or higher.
Experience: Minimum of seven years of experience in an actuarial role. Experience with basic and advanced pricing techniques for primary insurance desired. Experience in Personal and Commercial Lines, a plus.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, such as Microsoft Excel, including the ability to develop and automate processes
- Strong programming skills, including SQL and VBA with experience in R, Python, or related a plus
- Demonstrated management, leadership, and supervisory skills sufficient to oversee a group of employees
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills with proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- Self-motivated with a “get it done” attitude
- Committed to personal development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies
- Ability to work as a team player to deliver results effectively and efficiently to a variety of customers.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and obstacles and determine options for the course of action
- Capability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines in various states of completion
- Constant attention to detail
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including written and verbal
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
Full benefits package, including health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment. Please visit our Web site to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, and 2018
This is a full-time position.
Posted on January 20, 2019.