Research & Development Analyst I, II, III
This position drives the analytics behind product enhancements resulting in more competitive offerings and prices that better match risk and rate. The position partners with line of business leads and information systems to find creative solutions that balance statistical elegance with real world constraints. The candidate conducts research, performs data analysis, and evaluates predictive model-enabled solutions to solve critical business problems.
SPECIFIC Duties include:
- Participate in strategic discussions across all product lines of business – Automobile (Personal & Commercial), Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Business Owners (BOP), Artisan Contractors, Workers Compensation, and Umbrella
- Solve complex business problems by leveraging the latest analytical tools and techniques
- Lead product development initiatives from data collection through analytical solution and implementation
- Evaluate success and drive continuous improvement in product and rating enhancements
CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS:
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Data Science, Statistics, or related STEM/analytics-oriented discipline.
- Professional insurance related coursework such as (Actuarial exams) are preferred and (CPCU, AINS, AAI) are a plus.
Research and Development Analyst Experience Requirements:
- Research and Development Analyst I
- Sound knowledge of analytic, product management, actuarial, data science and/or insurance concepts demonstrated by 2+ years of related professional experience.
- Research and Development Analyst II
- Sound knowledge of analytic, product management, actuarial, data science and/or insurance concepts demonstrated by 4+ years of related professional experience.
- Research and Development Analyst III
- Sound knowledge of analytic, product management, actuarial, data science and/or insurance concepts demonstrated by 6+ years of related professional experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- Programming experience in SQL, C++, Visual Basic, or related
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in analytical tools such as R, Radar, Emblem, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build, update, and prepare datasets for analysis
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical-thinking skills
- Self-motivated with a “get it done” attitude
- Committed to continuous knowledge development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies
- Constant attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to exercise discretion and apply independent judgment
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility to handle assignments in various stages of completion at the same time
- Strong leadership and project management skills
Full benefits package, including health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment. Please visit our Web site to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2022.