Are you a recent college graduate looking for a great opportunity? Join MBG’s Accounting/Finance team as an Accountant! In this role, you will be a key member of MBG’s Accounting/Finance team, working closely with other team members throughout the organization. The Accounting/Finance team is committed to assisting in the implementation of an enterprise-wide integrated web-based suite of products providing improved processes, enhanced automation and increased flexibility to all areas of the organization. The Accounting/Finance team is responsible for collaborating with others to design, test and implement a transformative billing system. The accountant position is vital to successfully achieving the strategic objectives of the Accounting/Finance area as well as supporting strategic objectives of others. The accountant also prepares, ensures accuracy of and files assigned portions of financial statements and reports. Other specific duties include ensuring all billing-related transactions are properly reflected in the financial statements.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, year-end and annual financial statements, which includes compiling data, identifying and analyzing variances, preparing journal entries, producing financial statements and account reconciliations
- Interpret, analyze and report relevant financial information to decision makers both verbally and in written form
- Communicating and collaborating with other internal departments and outside vendors
- Ensure the accuracy of various billing system related responsibilities including daily verification of billing system transactions, performing bi-weekly and monthly closing and balancing procedures
- Lead, coordinate and track the collection of the uncollectible premium balances
- Provide input on process improvements; implement changes to provide more efficient processes and ensure procedures are well documented while maintaining a high level of internal controls
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Accounting.
- Committed to personal development and able to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies
- Constant attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work within established due dates
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Full benefits package, including PPO health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment.
Please visit our website to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018.
Posted on April 29, 2022.