The Accounting Department is searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant to join our department. The Accounting Assistant should have a basic degree of knowledge of accounting and will perform duties in support of the accounting/finance operations of Mutual Benefit Group.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of various responsibilities related to Billing system including but not limited to, daily verification of Billing system transactions, perform weekly and monthly closing and balancing procedures and collection of the Uncollectible premium balances
- Assisting in the completion of various spreadsheets associated with monthly, quarterly, year-end and annual financial statements which includes compiling data, data entry, analyzing variances, preparing general journal entries, producing financial statements and account reconciliations
- Performs bank reconciliations
- File varied financial statements and reports with regulatory and quasi-regulatory organizations
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: General equivalency or high school diploma; Associate degree preferred
Experience: Three years’ work experience in related position(s); or equivalent education and experience combination.
- Constant attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work within established due dates
- Proficient computer skills, such as Microsoft Excel and Word
Full benefits package, including health, dental reimbursement, vision, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and PTO, starts the first of the month following employment. Please visit our Web site to learn more about us and why you might want to work with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Best Places to Work in PA Employer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2022
Posted on January 20, 2023.