What are my options for paying my policy premium?
You may pay your policy premium in several convenient ways:
- Policies that you have added to your online payment profile can be paid online. See the “Make a Payment Online” page of this Web site for details.
- Arrange for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), which is a monthly automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings account with lower installment fees. To save time and money, sign up here.
- Call 1-800-283-3531 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and ask to speak with someone in our Billing Department.
- Dial 888-505-0153 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to pay online using our interactive voice response (IVR) phone payment system. Have your account information available before calling.
- Mail your payment, using the envelope enclosed with your bill. If you have misplaced your payment envelope, please send the payment, along with your policy number, to:
Mutual Benefit Group
ATTN: Accounting Department
PO Box 577
Huntingdon, PA 16652-0577
What types of payments are accepted?
You may pay by mailing a check or money order, or with one of the following credit cards: MasterCard or Visa. When paying online, you may pay from a checking or savings account, or with a MasterCard or Visa credit card. In addition, we accept debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa logo. You may also sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your checking or savings accounts.
Does Mutual Benefit charge billing fees?
You can avoid a service fee by paying in full when you receive your initial invoice. Otherwise, a $6 service fee will be charged each time you make a payment. A $10 or a $15 late fee, assessed in Maryland and Pennsylvania respectively, may be charged on any payment that is not received in our office by the due date listed on the billing statement. A $30 fee will be charged for nonsufficient funds. A $2 service fee is charged for each recurring payment. Commercial customers in Pennsylvania who pay their premium using MBG’s interactive voice response (IVR) phone payment option will be charged a convenience fee of $7.95.
I received a notice that my policy has been cancelled. What should I do?
Call your insurance agent. He or she will be able to answer your questions and help you make an informed decision about the next step to take.
Why am I being charged an installment fee?
A fee is charged if you elect to pay your premium in installments. You can lower the fee if you sign up for EFT. You can avoid installment fees by paying your entire balance in full when your policy is issued or renewed.
Can I pay my premium quarterly or semi-annually?
For your convenience, we offer installment payments on an annual, semi-annual, quarterly, and monthly basis. The initial pay plan you choose will remain throughout your policy term. Please contact your agent or MBG Customer Service at 800-283-3531 with pay plan questions. Note: Recurring EFT payments are always a monthly payment plan.
Can I pay my balance in full or extend my due date?
You can pay your balance in full at any time. Failure to pay by the due date may result in additional fees and/or cancellation of your policy/account.
Can I change my monthly premium due date?
Yes, you can select a premium due date that is most convenient for you. Please contact Customer Service at 800-283-3531 for assistance. Any installments already billed must be paid by the due date on the bill. Subsequent payments will reflect the new due date.
How do I make an online payment?
You can pay your invoice online by making a one-time payment or by enrolling in the MBG online payment system. Click on the “Click here to make a payment” link from the “Make a Payment Online” page of this Web site (www.mutualbenefitgroup.com) to access the online payment tool. To make a one-time payment without enrolling, choose the one-time payment option from the Welcome page, selecting either the personal or commercial button depending on the type of policy/account you wish to pay. To enroll, click on the “New user? Register here” link and complete the enrollment process. Once you are enrolled, log in and you will see a summary of your current unpaid invoices. You can then click “view/pay” to proceed with making your payment. Select the amount you want to pay and the date you want to pay your invoice, and you are done! You can also set up recurring payments that can be automatically drafted from your bank account on the due date.
What if I forgot my user ID or password for the online billing feature?
You should choose a user ID that is easy for you to remember. If you forget your ID, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-283-3531. If you forget your password, go to the Log-in page and click “Forgot Your User Name/Password?” After you enter the user ID, your password will be sent to the e-mail address you provided during enrollment. If you did not supply an e-mail address upon enrollment, please contact the Billing Department at 1-800-283-3531.
When will my online payment be processed?
Processing times depend on your payment method:
- MBG online payments will be processed in one to two business days.
- Electronic Funds Transfer payments will be processed in one business day.
- Online banking payments will be processed in one to two business days upon receipt.
- Mailed payments will be processed the day they are received.
Timing of bank account payments:
- If you schedule your payment for Monday, your policy/account will be credited Tuesday.
- If you schedule your payment for Tuesday, your policy/account will be credited Wednesday.
- If you schedule your payment for Wednesday, your policy/account will be credited Thursday.
- If you schedule your payment for Thursday, your policy/account will be credited Friday.
- If you schedule your payment for Friday, your policy/account will be credited Monday.
- If you try to schedule a payment after 8 p.m. Eastern Time or on a non-business day, such as Saturday, Sunday, or a holiday, an alert will appear telling you to schedule your payment for the next available business day. Holidays based on the Federal Reserve calendar are as follows: New Year’s Day, Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr., Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Timing of credit card payments:
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, your policy/account will be credited Tuesday.
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, your policy/account will be credited Wednesday.
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, your policy/account will be credited Thursday.
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, your policy/account will be credited Friday.
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, your policy/account will be credited on the following Monday.
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturday, your policy/account will be credited the following Tuesday.
- If you make payment before 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, your policy/account will be credited the following Tuesday.
- If you try to make a payment after 8 p.m. Eastern Time or on a non-business day, an alert will appear telling you to schedule your payment for the next available business day. Holidays based on the Federal Reserve calendar are as follows: New Year’s Day, Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr., Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Will my current invoice be paid if I set up an account for recurring payment today?
No. Please pay all current invoices that you have received to date for the account. Your first recurring payment will be taken on the next billing cycle. Please ensure that payment is made in your normal fashion for the current billing cycle. The recurring payment option will apply to all further payments and will continue into future policy periods.
What if my invoice is not available to pay online?
If your invoice is not available to pay on this billing site, please contact Customer Service at 800-283-3531.
Can I set up recurring payment on my credit card?
No. Recurring payments may only be set up by using a bank account. The recurring payment is called Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and is a monthly automatic withdrawal from a checking or savings account. To save time and money by setting up recurring payments, sign up here.
What software do I need to use the online billing feature?
Insureds can access the billing site from any Web-based computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser that supports 128-bit encryption. Specific information concerning browser versions is listed below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users will need version 6.0 or higher. To check the encryption level on the browser, click “Help” from the browser menu, then click “About Internet Explorer.” This will open a separate window that displays the version currently in use.
- Mozilla/Firefox users will need version 3.x or higher.
- Safari users will need version 4 or higher.
- Chrome users will need version 12 or higher
Can I download my invoices into Quicken or MS Money?
No. At this time you cannot download your invoice information into money management programs. Look for this feature to be added soon.