Direct Bill Customer Service: 1-877-306-0894, ext. 2790
With MBG easyPAY, you can choose from among four convenient payment plans:
- Pay in Full – Pay the full amount due when your invoice arrives and pay no service fees.
- Semiannual – Pay half your premium when your invoice arrives, and half later in the year.
- Quarterly – Pay one-fourth of your premium down and the rest in three additional payments.
- Make a Flexible Payment – Pay any amount between the listed minimum payment due and the maximum due (the full remaining balance), much the same way you might handle payment of a credit card bill. The only requirement is that you pay at least the minimum due at the time of billing to keep your account current. Once enrolled in Flex Pay, you can then change to EFT (recurring payments), which provides the option of having equal payments for every month remaining in the term automatically withdrawn from your bank account.
Does Mutual Benefit charge billing fees?
You can avoid a service fee by paying in full when you receive your initial invoice. Otherwise:
- A $6 service fee will be charged each time you make a payment.
- A $10 or a $15 late fee, assessed in Maryland and Pennsylvania respectively, may be charged on any payment that is not received in our office by the due date listed on the billing statement.
- A $30 fee will be charged for nonsufficient funds.
- A $2 service fee is charged for each recurring payment.
- Commercial customers in Pennsylvania who pay their premium using MBG’s interactive voice response (IVR) phone payment option will be charged a convenience fee of $7.95.