General Safety Guidelines
General Safety GuidelinesFollowing are some possible guidelines you can use to help your employees remain safe on the job:
- Follow the established safe job procedures. You are to perform only those jobs you have been assigned and properly instructed to perform.
- Wear the protective equipment required for your job as established by your supervisor through job instruction. It is your responsibility to see that protective equipment is in good repair. Damaged equipment should be reported to your supervisor immediately.
- Report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
- Report all accidents to your supervisor immediately whether anyone is hurt or not. In cases of injury, provide first aid as soon as possible.
- Keep all mechanical safeguards in position during operation.
- Put main switch in “off” position whenever making adjustments, when setting up jobs or when machine is to remain idle for any length of time. Don’t allow machinery to operate unattended.
- Use only the machinery, equipment, and tools you are qualified and authorized to use.
- HORSEPLAY, such as scuffling, practical jokes, or throwing articles at each other will not be tolerated.
- No employee is permitted to make repairs on any electrical device or equipment unless authorized to do so. Electrical equipment is not to be tampered with in any way.
- Machine master switches are to be tagged or locked open when major repair, oiling, greasing, or other maintenance is being performed.
- The covers on switch boxes and fuse stations are to be kept closed at all times.
- Do not run while in the work area.
- Do not remove any guard installed over the point of operation, power transmission, or moving parts without permission from the supervisor and then only after proper safety procedures have been followed.