While you’re on the job, we’re on the job…protecting your business
Mutual Benefit understands the unique risks you face as a contractor/skilled craftsman. We offer affordable contractors insurance that allows you to combine a wide range of vital property and liability coverages into one policy, saving you money. An added bonus is our customized Contractor’s Tailored Coverage endorsement, which is automatically included with the package. It’s designed for your specific needs and provides options to help you meet contractual requests from others, such as general contractors:
- Automatic Installation Coverage – Provides $2,500 of installation coverage when you are transporting, installing, and testing equipment, so there’s no need to purchase a separate installation insurance “floater.”
- Property Left in Your Care – Includes up to $25,000 of coverage for property belonging to others that is left in your care, custody, or control.
- Additional Insured Coverage – Your coverage is primary and noncontributory for others who ask or require that they be added as an “additional insured” during joint projects when you agree to such coverage in a written contract.
- Full Limit of Coverage Per Project – Your full limit of coverage applies to each designated construction project. Regardless of the amount of claims that might have been paid for a previous project, the full limit of coverage will still be available for your next project during the policy period.
- Waiver of Subrogration – A waiver of subrogation is included in the package when you agree in writing prior to any loss or damage occurring while on a job.
- Pollutant Clean-up and Removal – Most basic liability policies provide little coverage for clean-up and removal of pollutants. Our package comes equipped with $10,000 of coverage for such a mishap at a specific, described premises.
Boost your coverage even more for a nominal fee
For a relatively small fee, you can add Mutual Benefit’s Enhanced Contractor’s Tailored Coverage (ECTC) to your package to receive even higher limits of coverage, as well as protection against a wider range of potential loss situations. For example, the ECTC increases installation coverage to $10,000.
Mutual Benefit also offers business insurance coverage for:
- Commercial Auto
- Workers’ Compensation
- Commercial Umbrella
- Contractor’s Equipment
“First time having to use
Mutual Benefit for a claim
and was very happy with
Would strongly recommend
to friends. Good coverage.”
T. & B. C., Pylesville, MD
Want a quote?
Let us help you find a nearby agent who can introduce you to a variety of companies offering affordable business insurance in PA & MD, including Mutual Benefit Group.
Poison prevention tips and treatment options: a guide for families
It’s a parent’s worst nightmare. It’s early evening, and you’ve just set your toddler down to play while you tackle a sink full of dishes. Nearly finished, you turn to check on your little one, only to find them hiding under the table with a dish detergent pod in...
Stellar tips for safe skylight use
Skylights can be a great addition to a workplace by providing more sunlight and creating brighter workspaces. Research shows that this can even boost morale, improve employee satisfaction and increase productivity. It can save you on electricity over time, too, since...
Steps for surviving an active shooter in the workplace
Imagine this: you’re at your desk, reading emails over a morning cup of coffee when suddenly a frantic co-worker appears in your doorway. She tells you that there is an intruder with a gun coming your way. What do you do? From 2020 to 2021 alone, the Federal Bureau of...
Coverage/product information provided on this Web site is not an insurance policy or a supplement to any policy. This information is intended to provide a general description of products typically available through Mutual Benefit Insurance Company and Select Risk Mutual Insurance Company. The actual coverage provided is governed exclusively by the language contained within the insurance policy issued to you.