While you’re on the job, we’re on the job…protecting your business.
Mutual Benefit understands the unique risks you face as a contractor/skilled craftsman. We offer affordable contractors insurance that allows you to combine a wide range of vital property and liability coverages into one policy, saving you money. An added bonus is our customized Contractor’s Tailored Coverage endorsement, which is automatically included with the package. It’s designed for your specific needs and provides options to help you meet contractual requests from others, such as general contractors:
- Automatic Installation Coverage – Provides $2,500 of installation coverage when you are transporting, installing, and testing equipment, so there’s no need to purchase a separate installation insurance “floater.”
- Property Left in Your Care – Includes up to $25,000 of coverage for property belonging to others that is left in your care, custody, or control.
- Additional Insured Coverage – Your coverage is primary and noncontributory for others who ask or require that they be added as an “additional insured” during joint projects when you agree to such coverage in a written contract.
- Full Limit of Coverage Per Project – Your full limit of coverage applies to each designated construction project. Regardless of the amount of claims that might have been paid for a previous project, the full limit of coverage will still be available for your next project during the policy period.
- Waiver of Subrogration – A waiver of subrogation is included in the package when you agree in writing prior to any loss or damage occurring while on a job.
- Pollutant Clean-up and Removal – Most basic liability policies provide little coverage for clean-up and removal of pollutants. Our package comes equipped with $10,000 of coverage for such a mishap at a specific, described premises.
Boost your coverage even more for a nominal fee
For a relatively small fee, you can add Mutual Benefit’s Enhanced Contractor’s Tailored Coverage (ECTC) to your package to receive even higher limits of coverage, as well as protection against a wider range of potential loss situations. For example, the ECTC increases installation coverage to $10,000.
Add Contractors Professional Liability to your policy for affordable protection
As a contractor, you can be exposed to losses that fall outside your Commercial General Liability Coverage form, such as potential losses for damage to your work, design errors, or job site pollution liability. Mutual Benefit’s Contractors Professional Liability coverage fills the gap to address these potential coverage issues, providing limits up to $1 million for small and medium-sized contractors. Coverage includes Contractors Errors and Omissions, plus job site pollution for selected classes.
Mutual Benefit also offers business insurance coverage for:
- Commercial Auto
- Workers’ Compensation
- Commercial Umbrella
- Contractor’s Equipment
Coverage/product information provided on this Web site is not an insurance policy or a supplement to any policy. This information is intended to provide a general description of products typically available through Mutual Benefit Insurance Company and Select Risk Mutual Insurance Company. The actual coverage provided is governed exclusively by the language contained within the insurance policy issued to you.